nature, culture and cuisine
Villaggio Lago di Como
Villaggio lago di Como is a complex with several apartment buildings close to the lake, situated on the nicest part of Lake Como, "the Golden Triangle", to which Menaggio, Varenna and Bellagio also belong. Villaggio Lago di Como is part of an authentic Italian village, called Acquaseria.
What to see and what to do
In the area are many possibilities for walking, cycling (there are extensive mountain bike routes), swimming, water sport, golfing, visiting museums and dining of course. Next to the apartments is a small beach, where a mountain stream flows into the lake. Here you can swim in the clear water and lie in the sun. Behind the beach is a small park with barbecue facilities and picnic tables. Boat rental is possible in Menaggio. The Menaggio e Cadenabbia Golf Club offers a 18 holes golf course. It is the second oldest golf course of Italy. Against the mountain slopes are villages, where time has stood still. From Menaggio the ferry takes you to the many villages around the lake or even to Como. By this way you can visit the markets in different villages or enjoy a lunch at the boulevard of an other village. Around the lake are many mountain hiking trails. The tourist information office in Menaggio will give you free information about these hiking trails. It is also possible to hire a guide. At the restaurant Creme Caramel, next to the apartments, they can give more information.
See also: http://www.comomeeritalie.nl/
- Duomo - Milan
- Museo Didattico della Seta - Como
- San Fidele - Como
- Sant'Abbondio - Como
- Villa Balbianello - Lenno
- Villa Carlotta - Tremezzo
- Villa Melzi - Bellagio
- Villa Monastero - Varenna
- Villa Serbelloni Park - Bellagio
- Terme Vecchio e Terme Nuove - Bormio
- Fox Town outlet - Mendrisio (CH)
Nature, culture and cuisine
- Lido di Menaggio Birrificio: nice swimming pool at the lake.
- Menaggio e Cadenabbia Golf Club, 12 Via del Golf, Menaggio. You will find it at the road to Porlezza. Follow the signs. It has a nice club house with a magnificent view over the lake, while you enjoy your diner.
- Como has a mountain train that brings you to Brunate, 500 meters above Como. Beautiful views over the surrounding area.
- Ristorante Creme Caramel, 7 Via Molino Nuovo. Here you can sit at the lake side and enjoy a good diner at a reasonable price. Best pizza in town.
- Ristorante Da Luigi, Via Stale Regina 59, Acquaseria. Genuine Italian cuisine at a reasonable price. Luigi is doing better every year.
- You can find authentic Italian food at the so called Agriturismo, farms where they prepare a good meal.